Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Euphonic Dissonance does PET SHOP BOYS It's A Sin - also, more ABBA

Brian of Euphonic Dissonance gives us more news from the studio

I'm so incredibly happy with the way this song has evolved.  I could almost cry. I've always wanted to do a PET SHOP BOYS song and now the dream is reality. I absolutely loved singing this song but I couldn't quite hit that high note at the end of the bridge. Sorry Neil Tennant ..... I'm a baritone and I just can't hit that final high note.

Pet Shop Boys

CLICK HERE to hear IT'S A SIN by Euphonic Dissonance / Pet Shop Boys

New Euphonic Dissonance Music

I chose "It's A Sin" because it ties into the TECH MESSIAH project perfectly. Also, I love the friggin' song. It's one of those songs that I probably lip synced to when it was playing at the dance clubs back in the day. Hell, these guys are so friggin' huge they are still getting played in clubs. They've won 5 grammy awards, they  have sold over 100 million records worldwide and are listed as the most successful duo in pop music history. Since 1986, they have had 42 Top 30 singles and 22 Top 10 hits in the UK, including four Number Ones: "West End Girls", "It's a Sin", "Always on My Mind" and "Heart". I don't think I could have chose a better group to be the first ever Euphonic Dissonance COVER SONG. There are more vocals that will be added in the future from Sarah and a final mixdown but beyond that the track is done. What do you think?

I promised a couple of blogs back that we would be bringing you some ABBA. Well, here's a sneak peak. See if you can guess the song.

CLICK HERE to hear MYSTERY ABBA TRACK

We'll be finishing that one soon so check back often if you want to hear the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment