Sunday, March 7, 2010

Martin Atkins TOUR SMART and MYSPACE mp3 sales

* Brian of Euphonic Dissonance gives a progress report. *

TOUR SMART


Just finished the book by Martin Atkins, TOUR SMART : AND BREAK THE BAND.

tour smart and break the band

Martin Atkins is the Chef Gordon Ramsey of the music world. He's a wee bit nicer than Ramsey but he uses an equal amount of swear words. I know a lot of my cronies laugh at me for reading these "how to make it in the business" books. I made a promise to myself a long time ago about this music business stuff and that was that I would never run blindly into anything!!!! I have read a lot about the music industry and the one crystal clear thing I've learned from what I've read and witnessed firsthand is that if you don't educate yourself someone will take advantage of your stupidity. I'm not going to let that happen or at the least I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent it from happening. So go ahead and laugh and scoff.....I'll be waving at you from the stage someday soon ..... oh ..... and I'll be making money while I'm doing it.

THE HATERS CAN GO SCREW OFF!!!!

Now that I have that out of my system.... if you are a musician and you're serious about making some money and you're willing to work hard then this is the book for you. Also, good news is ..... it's not a boring strictly business type book. Martin Atkins is seriously funny (what the hell does that even mean? SERIOUSLY FUNNY? That makes no f**kin' sense). But when you're dealing with messed up touring musician drama how can you not make a joke? Everyone enjoys crazy, zany rock star stories. That keeps VH1 on the air.

Oh yeah, I didn't mention that this guy knows the music business in and out and upside down wiggling it's ass in the air. He comes from deep inside the womb of the industrial music movement. After playing drums in a variety of English bands, Martin auditioned for and subsequently joined Johnny Rotten’s Public Image Limited in 1979. His first contribution to the band was co?writing and performing on the song “Bad Baby” for the revered Metal Box LP. After touring the world with P.i.L and contributing to several more studio albums Martin left the group in 1985. Over the next five years, he played with and managed Killing Joke and toured with Ministry. In 1990, while on tour with Ministry, he formed his own band, Pigface. He also worked with Nine Inch Nails, performing on the Grammy award winning “Wish” and appearing in the “Head like a Hole” video. This man has stood side by side with some of the most influential musicians in one of my favorite genres of music. Damn impressive.

Hey Martin, call me when you want to start working on your MARTIN ATKINS TOUR SMART REALITY SHOW. I got some ideas for you.

ED ON MYSPACE MUSIC


Very soon you will be able to buy Euphonic Dissonance music directly from the EUPHONIC DISSONANCE MYSPACE SITE. We expect to see this service up in the next few weeks. Now you won't have to leave MYSPACE and go to iTunes just to buy our music. You're already on MYSPACE why the hell can't you just buy it there!!!! Well, NOW YOU CAN. ED loves all of their MYSPACE fans and we promise to pay more attention to you.

COMING SOON


This where the ABBA be.

If you love ABBA | chess | Murray Head then don't miss our next blog.  Love you all and good day to you. Now click on the link below to buy our songs or the TRANSITIONS album on iTunes. No...sorry....I don't have a way for you to just purchase it right here on the blog. Alright.....alright.....Martin said it was important to be nice to the fans ...... so......we'll see what we can do for you. I'll get my people working on it right away. Thanks for the tip and thanks for being a fan of Euphonic Dissonance.

No comments:

Post a Comment