Sunday, May 2, 2010

Euphonic Dissonance do "One Night In Bangkok" by Murray Head / Abba?

Brian Copeland of Euphonic Dissonance talks about covering the song "One Night In Bangkok" by Murray Head:

In 1984 the concept album for the musical CHESS was released. Its music was composed by former ABBA members Björn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson, with lyrics written by Tim Rice. The single "One Night In Bangkok (click here to hear original on youtube)" from this album peaked at #3 on the Canada and U.S. charts.

chess - murray head - one night in bangkok

This song caught my attention almost immediately. I loved it - plain and simple. At the time of its release I had no idea that Abba was involved with writing the song. I had no idea that it was about chess. All I knew was that the song was incredibly catchy and I loved listening to the track when it popped up on the radio. I think I've wanted to perform this song ever since.

The song would go on to become a cult favorite of certain dance clubs in the early 90's. It was still there haunting me with it's catchy spoken lyrics and the Abba like hook. This song just wouldn't go away. Why won't it just leave me alone??!!!

26 years after the original release of this song Euphonic Dissonance gives you their spin on this cult classic. Now, this is only a rough draft of the song and we haven't had the chance to finish the vocals on the hook/chorus due to seasonal allergies (seasonal allergies is the reason god made oklahoma)..... we'll get those done soon. Until then here is a sneak- peak at this new piece.

CLICK HERE to hear ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK (rough draft w/ guitar added to verse)

New Euphonic Dissonance Music

CLICK HERE to hear ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK (rough draft w/ guitar added to verse)

Well, what do you think of it so far? I can't wait to finish the rest of the song. I think it's going to be great. Tell us what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment