Monday, January 3, 2011

Euphonic Dissonance re-imagines Ministry’s Psalm 69 FINALE

Brian brings an update on the re-imagining of Ministry's Psalm 69 song...

ministry_al jourgasen and paul barker

CLICK HERE to hear a preview of PSALM 69 - REWIRED SHEEP on iTunes
Euphonic Dissonance - Psalm 69 - Rewired Sheep (feat. Ministry) - Single


New years eve was a nightmare. I went to bed at about 6am after working on this song all night and then woke up around noon on new years eve to give it a fresh listen and submit the song into the contest. December 31st was the deadline for the contest .... and yes, we waited until the final day to submit the song. We'll be entering this song into a Tunecore.com contest. Winner will be featured on the upcoming soundtrack for the movie FIX (a documentary on Ministry). Former Ministry bassist Paul Barker will be picking the best song. No pressure - right?



So here it is - DEADLINE DAY - I give the song a listen - make some final tweaks to the mix - and go to submit the song to tunecore / itunes.

Keep in mind folks - I had very little sleep. I somehow missed the part on tunecore's website where I was supposed to enter the code ministry. This probably flags the administrator to put your single into the contest. Naturally, upon realizing my mistake, I try to contact tunecore to fix the problem. Unfortunately, it's new years eve and they are closed. Can't reach them on the phone or via email and they won't return until January 3rd. OH NO!!! According to tunecore's website the contest is judged on January 2nd. Now - I PANIC!!! In my sleep deprived state I panic. After screaming at my computer and getting no response I make a phone call to Sarah and we decided to simply submit the song a second time under a slightly different name. Psalm 69 - ReWired Sheep became Psalm 69 - Sheep ReWired and this time we submitted it into the British iTunes store rather than the American iTunes store (where we submitted originally). This time I actually got the code in and all was good in the world. We lost an extra 10 dollars but it was worth it. A lot of hard work went into this track and I wasn't willing to give up on an opportunity for Paul Barker to hear our track.

CLICK HERE to hear a preview of PSALM 69 - REWIRED SHEEP on iTunes
Euphonic Dissonance - Psalm 69 - Rewired Sheep (feat. Ministry) - Single


We're very happy to have had a chance to work on such an amazing song. This has been an experience I won't soon forget - even if it was an extremely stressful one in the end. I want to thank tunecore.com and Paul Barker of Ministry for giving us this chance. I haven't found anything on tunecore that says when they will announce the winner of this contest but rest assured we will keep you updated. Wish us luck.

And to our fans - thanks for all your support.

icon
icon

No comments:

Post a Comment